If you are a citizen of the European Union, the European Economic Area or the Swiss Confederation, you do not need a visa. Otherwise, you must have a type D visa stamped « Student ».

To obtain a visa, go to the French Consulate or French Embassy in your home country to find out which documents you must produce and how long it takes to obtain them or go to campusfrance.org.

All non-EU, non-Swiss or non-EEE nationals, who reside in France for more than three consecutive months or who, in the case of intermittent periods of residence, are effectively present in France for more than three months in any six-month period must obtain a residence or stay permit (Titre de Séjour).