- Programme countries are the EU countries, the former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia, Iceland, Liechtenstein, Norway and Turkey. Partner country is any non-Erasmus+ Programme Country.
- Participation costs are different for Programme and Partner Country Students whose citizenship is one of the Erasmus+ Partner Countries count as Partner Country students.
- Contribution to subsistence costs cannot be provided to scholarship holders from a Partner Country for the EMJMD periods exceeding 3 months spent in any Partner Country.
- A number of Erasmus+ Student Scholarships are specifically allocated for students from targeted regions of the world.
Therefore, only applicants who declare and demonstrate their nationality (accredited by their passport) are eligible for Erasmus+ Scholarships, according to the following considerations:
- Students whose citizenship is one of the Erasmus+ Programme Countries count as Programme Country students.
- Students with a Partner Country citizenship who do not fulfil the 12-months rule count as Programme Country students.
- Students with a double nationality (of a Partner and of a Programme Country) must specify, and provide proof of, the nationality under which they submit their scholarship application.