1) VERY IMPORTANT FOR NEW MER MSc APPLICANTS 2014-2015: THE ON LINE APPLICATION SYSTEM FOR 2014-2015 ACADEMIC YEAR IS OPEN.
2) 2014-2015 COURSE OPENING: Early September 2014 in UB1 (Pathways A1 & A2) and in Late September 2014 in SOTON (Pathway B)
3) ERASMUS MUNDUS SCHOLARSHIPS FOR RESEARCHERS/TEACHERS 2014-2015: EM Scholarships for researcher/teacher will be awarded to European and Third-Country scholars (Funding)
4) MASTER THESIS 2013-2014: The new list of MER MSc Thesis research topics for MER MSc students 12-14 has been published. Details in the MSc THESIS section.Vivas will be held in the Center for Experimental Marine Biology and Biotechnology (Plentzia Marine Station; PIE-UPV/EHU) in September 18th-19th.
5) INTERNATIONAL POSTGRADUATE COURSES 2013-2014: The IPC 2013-14 programme is directed to Master students, doctoral candidates and professionals aimed at becoming specialized or updated in different fields. All lectures will be held in English. Participants will receive a certificate with indication of lectures and practicals attended.
The Joint European MSc MER programme was conceived by the University of Southampton, Université de Bordeaux 1, Université de Liège and the Universidad del País Vasco/Euskal Herriko Unibertsitatea, with the collaboration by the founding research associates, AZTI-Tecnalia and the Oceanographic Foundation of Gipuzkoa, utilising their extensive marine science expertise and experience. These six institutions constitute the MER Consortium created to develop these international postgraduate studies. The MER MSc programme has being recognised as a Erasmus Mundus Master Course 2012. The extended MER consortium that results from being recognised as a Erasmus Mundus Master Course includes additional 16 associated partners from all over the world, including research institutions, companies and universities.