The programme is aimed at:
- forming multidisciplinary graduates of transverse research profile in a fully integrated world class EU MSc programme.
- developing the student’s critical understanding of technical and scientific tools together with excellent management abilities and personal skills;
- achieving high academic standards, which is supported by recognised quality assurance (QA) procedures;
- promoting both staff exchange and student mobility under a balanced ECTS scheme.
- To achieve postgraduate education of academic excellence in the marine environment field, with solid conceptual foundations and innovative practical components on the basis of a translational science approach, not available elsewhere in Europe. Accordingly, all the students receive advanced information in diverse disciplines, with contents ranging from cellular and molecular biology, to large-scale processes, or management; this is in agreement with UN statements and EU Directives .
- To enhance internationalisation of the European Higher Education Area (EHEA) through promoting its attractiveness for the best students worldwide and providing EU students with invaluable opportunities to follow a part of the programme abroad.
- To improve the level of competences and skills of postgraduate students to study independently and manage a comprehensive project, by means of the research component of the programme; thus fostering leadership in marine environment research, consultancy and management.
- To promote professionalism, entrepreneurship and employability of postgraduates, as well as the social projections of careers in the field of the marine environment.